November 1, 2016
By using the HealthTap Cloud platform, you agree to abide by HealthTap’s Platform Policy before launching any applications using the HealthTap Cloud. The Platform Policy will describe the terms and conditions governing your use of HealthTap Cloud APIs and SDKs. Generally, the Platform Policy states that you agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
- Build high-quality and reliable apps that promote health and well-being and do not mislead users.
- Obtain specific and clear user consent prior to accessing or using their data.
- Clearly inform users what data you collect (with their consent) as well as and how you use the data you collect or that we (HealthTap) provides to you.
- Protect the data you receive from us, use it only for the user experience in your app or service, and don’t sell, license, transfer, or otherwise distribute the data.
- Don’t use the data for eligibility determinations or for any legally impermissible purposes.
- Don’t replicate core functionality that HealthTap already provides.
- Don’t alter, sell, license, transfer or provide access to our APIs or SDKs to anyone.
- As required by applicable laws, restrict access (including by geo-limiting or age-limiting access) in the jurisdiction where your app is available or used.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations in the jurisdiction where your app is available and do not expose HealthTap or people who use HealthTap to harm or legal liability as determined by us using our sole discretion.
- If your app contains content submitted or provided by third parties: in the United States, take all steps required to fall within the applicable safe harbors of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (including designating an agent to receive notices of claimed infringement, instituting a repeat infringer termination policy and implementing a notice and takedown process) and in other countries, comply with local copyright laws and implement an appropriate notice and takedown process for when you receive a notice of claimed infringement.
- Agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to any claim against us related to your service, actions, content, or information.
- Permit us to audit your app to ensure it is safe and does not violate our Terms. If requested, you must provide us with proof that your app complies with our terms.
- Use our official SDKs for login and use a clearly branded "HealthTap" button and request only the data and publishing permissions your app needs.
- Attribute any content shown from HealthTap with a "powered by HealthTap" image in a UI context approved by HealthTap